This topic describes how to register a Storage Controller (SC) with the Cloud Controller
- The Cloud Controller must be properly installed and started.
- The Storage Controller service must be properly installed and started.
To register the Storage Controller service with the Eucalyptus cloud
Copy the security credentials from the CLC to each machine running Storage Controller
services. Run this command on the CLC host machine:
clcadmin-copy-keys -z ZONE HOST
clcadmin-copy-keys -z zone-1 10.111.5.182
On the CLC host machine, run the following command:
euserv-register-service -t storage -h IP -z ZONE SVCINSTANCE
- IP is the IP address of the SC you are registering with this CLC.
- ZONE name should be a descriptive name for the zone controlled by the CC.
For example: zone-1. An SC must have the same
ZONE name as the CC in the same zone.
- SVCINSTANCE must be a unique name for the SC service. We recommend that
you use a short-hand name of the IP address or hostname of the machine,
for example: sc-IP_ADDRESS or
Note: We recommend that you use IP addresses instead of DNS names when registering Eucalyptus services.
euserv-register-service -t storage -h 10.111.5.182 -z zone-1 sc-10.111.5.182
The SC automatically goes to the BROKEN
being registered with the CLC; it will remain in that state until you
explicitly configure the SC by configuring the backend storage provider
(later). For more information, see About the BROKEN state
Repeat the above steps for each Storage Controller in each zone.
Verify that the Storage Controller service is registered with the following command:
The registered Storage Controller service is now ready for your cloud.