|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7) support.
||RHEL7 is the supported deployment OS.
For more information, see Upgrading Eucalyptus and the OS
- Libraries repackaged for use with RHEL 7 that alleviate
certain dependencies on obsoleted java libraries.
- Eucalyptus can now run confined by SELinux on RHEL 7.
||Notable security hardening measures have been implemented in 4.3.0:
- Eucalyptus can now run in confined mode on UFS and other eucalyptus-cloud-based processes.
- Usage of Jetty is removed along with the Jetty libraries and associated credential download functionality.
- Eucalyptus can now run confined by SELinux on RHEL 7
|Removed reverse DNS dependency of eucanetd in VPCMIDO mode.
||Allows administrators to register NCs to a back-end network instead
of a routable front-end network. This only affects VPCMIDO mode.
|EC2 API Compatibility: Instance termination protection.
||Instance termination protection is now supported; allowing you to
prevent accidental termination of your EC2 instances via Euca2ools,
|Switch multicast from globally scoped to locally scoped address range.
||The multicast addresses that the CLC uses for jgroups membership changed from
a globally-scoped multicast address range, to a configurable option and the default
be addresses that are in the administratively-scoped range.
|Support for IAM policy variables.
||The use of policy variables simplifies the writing of policies when exact names of
resources are unknown.
|Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) improvements.
||Notable improvements in VPC include:
- Internal ELB in VPC
- NAT Gateway
- Custom route table
- Multiple ENIs
||Update stack supported both in euca2ools and the Management Console.
|CloudWatch in the Management Console.
||The Management Console has improved alarms, metrics, and monitoring management.
|View scaling history added to Management Console.
||Added the ability to view scaling activity (history) to scaling group details page.
||Notable improvements in the Management Console include:
- Left navigation bar
- Multi-select check boxes on resource landing pages
- Support for sortable tables on landing pages
- Tabbed pages display single help relevant to tab contents