This topic describes how to register a Cluster Controller (CC) with the Cloud Controller (CLC).
- The Cloud Controller must be properly installed and started.
- The Cluster Controller service must be properly installed and started.
To register the Cluster Controller service with the Eucalyptus cloud
On the CLC host machine, run the following command:
euserv-register-service -t cluster -h IP -z ZONE SVCINSTANCE
- IP is the IP address of the CC you are registering with this CLC.
- ZONE name should be a descriptive name for the zone controlled by the CC.
For example: zone-1.
- SVCINSTANCE must be a unique name for the CC service. We recommend that
you use the IP address of the machine, for example:
euserv-register-service -t cluster -h 10.111.5.182 -z zone-1 cc-10.111.5.182
Copy the security credentials from the CLC to each machine running Cluster Controller
services. Run this command on the CLC host machine:
clcadmin-copy-keys -z ZONE HOST
clcadmin-copy-keys -z zone-1 10.111.5.182
Repeat the above steps for each Cluster Controller in each zone.
Verify that the Cluster Controller service is registered with the following command:
The registered Cluster Controller service is now ready for your cloud.