This topic lists topology recommendations for installing Midokura Enterprise MidoNet.
- The midonet-api must run co-located with the Eucalyptus Cloud Controller (CLC).
- Each Node Controller (NC) must run a Midolman agent.
- The Cloud Controller (CLC) must run a Midolman agent.
- It is recommended that your User Facing Services (UFS) host be used as the MidoNet Gateway
(i.e., running a Midolman agent) when configuring Eucalyptus.
- The network interface(s) specified as ExternalDevice* (in the
network.json configuration file) should be dedicated for Eucalyptus/MidoNet (for
- Eucalyptus/MidoNet expects exclusive use of the
network interface specified in ExternalDevice.
- If the main network interface of a server is specified in ExternalDevice,
most likely the connectivity to that server will be lost once Eucalyptus is deployed.
- If you have only one interface on your host, then you need to follow the instructions
from Midokura on setting up a veth pair so that MidoNet can take over a virtual
interface rather than a physical one, as in this example (for Eucalyptus installs, you can skip step 6, "Create
a port on the MidoNet Provider Router..." in the Midokura Static Setup instructions).
* In Eucalyptus 4.4, ExternalDevice replaces GatewayInterface in
4.3 and prior releases.
Eucalyptus 4.3 Network JSON Example
4.3 version of the VPCMIDO
file is still accepted, however we strongly encourage use of
the updated Eucalyptus
4.4 template instead. See
Configure VPCMIDO Network Mode
The following Eucalyptus 4.3 network JSON template
file shows a sample VPCMIDO mode configuration: