This section covers how to configure the Eucalyptus
Things You Need to Do to Get the Console Running
In order to get the console working for your cloud, you will need to
do the following:
- Modify the configuration file, as detailed in this section. At
minimum, you must specify the front end address,
and the UI port. You
should also be sure to specify the administrative support
URL and the support URL.
- Configure Memcached. This is required for the eucaconsole service to use memcached on a single host.
- Create the user accounts using the Eucalyptus Administrative
Console. For more information see the Administration Guide.
- Make sure that any images that you would like users to be able to
launch instances from are installed in your cloud; users can't add
images from the Eucalyptus Console.
- Communicate the URL for your Eucalyptus Console installation to the
users, and instruct them to use their account name, user name, and
password to log in.