This part of the page displays the CloudWatch data when you enabled monitoring for your launch configuration(s).
If a launch configuration does not have monitoring enabled, no charts display.
Instead, a reminder that monitoring is currently turned off for that particular
launch configuration. To view CloudWatch metrics for this scaling group, change the
scaling group's launch configuration from the General tab to enable instance
To adjust the range of data to display, select a desired range from the Show data for drop-down list box.
Any changes in the time range applies to both instance and scaling group metrics.
The graphs displayed by default are:
- CPU utilization %. Represents the percentage of processing power
currently in use by the instance.
- Disk read bytes. The amount of data that is being read from the instance's hard disk.
- Disk read operations. The number of read operations that has completed on all ephemeral disks available to the instance.
- Disk write bytes. The amount of data that is being written to the instance's hard disk.
- Disk write operations. The number of write operations that has completed on all ephemeral disks available to the instance.
- Network in. The amount of incoming network traffic to an application on this instance.
- Network out. The amount of outgoing network traffic to an application on this instance.
Each of the graphs default to the average statistic for the best output results.
The various ways to view the data in the graphs are:
- Click on a graph to expand it.
- Hover inside the graph to display a read-out of data-points desired.
- Use the drop-down list boxes for Statistic, Show data for, and
Measurement period to focus in on specific set of data points. For example,
to view the combined number of healthy hosts within the last hour in 5-minute readings, select Sum from
Statistic, Last hour from Show data for, and 5 minutes
from Measurement period.