Eucalyptus 3.2.1 has the following new feature:
- We added the ability to generate instance usage reports for VMware hypervisor. This feature is
supported for vCenter 5.0 and up. For more information,
Eucalyptus 3.2.1 has the following changes:
- The location of the iptables-preload file has changed in 3.2.1 from
/var/run/eucalyptus/net /iptables-preload to
/etc/eucalyptus/iptable-preload. If iptables-preload exists
in the old location during the upgrade to 3.2.1, it will be moved from
/var/run/ to /etc. For more
information, see EUCA-3693 and EUCA-4702.
- The Cluster Controller now broadcasts a gratuitous ARP message in situations where an
IP address is reassigned from one machine to another (for example, after a high
availability Cluster Controller failure). We added a new dependency, arping, to the
Cluster Controller package to support this functionality. For more information, see
EUCA-2973 and EUCA-3540.
- We added the following EMC VNX EBS driver enhancements: the ability to set snapshot
consistency point immediately at snapshot creation time; support for clone as well
as lun migration for snapshots; and hardening of the multipathing
- We added the ability to configure advanced options for NetApp filers (snap sched,
vol autosize, no_atime_update, create_ucode, convert_ucode, guarantee, try_first,
Tip: Eucalyptus no longer provides commercial support for installations on CentOS 5,
RHEL 5, or Ubuntu. We test and commercially support CentOS 6 or RHEL 6 as host operating systems.
is open source software, it is possible that someone in the user community will prepare Eucalyptus for other operating systems.