Back Up Cloud Data
This section explains what you need to back up and protect your cloud data.We recommend that you back up the following data:
- The cloud database: see
- Object storage. For objects in Walrus, the frequency depends on current load. Use your own discretion to determine the backup plan and strategy. You must have Walrus running.
- EBS volumes in each cluster (DAS and Overlay)
- The configuration file for the cloud is stored on the CLC: .
- Any configuration file for the cloud stored on any other host (UFS, CC, etc.): .
- The cloud security credentials on all hosts (you already backed up the CLC keys as part of the database backup). Use the tar command: .
- The CC and NC configuration files, stored on every CC and NC: .
- Any Euca2ools (.ini) configuration files, which reside on any Euca2ools host machine. Files can be found in:
- Management Console config files in should be backed up. Typical files:
- Ensure you have your instances’ so you can access the instances later.
- and LVM snapshots
Users are responsible for volume backups using EBS snapshots on their defined schedules.